Monday, April 21, 2008

Utah (Again!)

I just can't stay away. Sub-80 degree weather and low humidity and a yarn shop keep me happy. We even got down to negative 14 degrees up Logan canyon on our scenic drive this morning. Well Vonn and I came out to Utah for his brother Richard's 70th birthday party. Corinna was kinda enough to arrange Rainer's baby blessing this weekend as well so we didn't have to fly out twice. It has been a spectacular visit. We arrived at around 11:30 PM Thursday night (you can't beat those cheap red eye flights). We were just glad to be off the plane because a poor mom with 4 kids had a baby that screamed for 6 hours straight. I gave her all our food to help calm the baby but to no avail. The airport security took away all their snacks and the airline as well as the airport shops didn't have any child appropriate beverages (aka milk). Fly the friendly skies. Friday morning we got to the temple bright and early. Actually by our standards it wasn't that early since it wasn't the 5:30 AM session but the 7:30 AM session. We came home and made scones. Dad got riled up (see above post). Corinna, the boys, and I escaped to the quiet of the Yarn shop. We spent a little more than anticipated but have some great projects to do (posts to follow as completed). These legs are on the wall of the yarn shop displaying the variety of socks that the sock yarns will produce. We just think they are funny.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

How fun for all of you. Love the legs. Hope you have a great visit. Rainer is sure getting big.

Audre said...

how are the wool soakers going corina? And the cloth-diaper trials? I've been wanting to attempt to crochet a pair but haven't done it yet! How long does 1 soaker usually take?