Friday, April 4, 2008

Home again, Home again, Jiggety Jog



So back home again, and Wow, things are hopping around here. I arrived Wednesday night or actually Thursday morning at 2 am. Up at 5 (actually 4:30 I was afraid I would miss them) to see the boys off. My Little Girls were excited to see me. We spent two days at Katie's with them and Scarlet. Monday Hyrum has T.V. production Crew this week. He is on the early morning news at Port Malabar Elementary School. Hans had his ear surgery, on Tuesday. It went great. Better than last time. I was able to get him home from the hospital in just 20 minutes or so. Last tiem he had early morning surgery and we didn't get home before about 7 pm, too much nausea etc. This time the nurses gave him some medication for nausea and a motion sickness patch. I was prepared with Ginger cookies and a bag of peppermint balls, and Sea Bands wrist bands for motion sickness. He kept shoveling in those ginger cookies and peppermints one after the other. He doesn't even like ginger cookies. But we made it home. He has a bed in the living room , so he can be the center of attention. He can't bend, lift anything heavier than 5 pounds, or sleep flat. He must have his head elevated at a 45 degree angle. We made him jell-o, and Tapioca pudding, and Tuna Corn chowder, some of his favorites. He is feeling pretty perky. We hope this graft takes and we are done with ear surgery.
I also found the boys gave each other hair cuts. Here is a picture of Rudy. Look how dark his hair is getting. Sonia's girls got some virus and had fevers. So Sonia had to stay home Tuesday and Wednesday. Wednesday was Cub Scouts. Today (Friday) Lelia came with a fever, Poor Sonia couldn't miss today at work. So I guess we are back to normal hectic everyday life. These aren't the greatest pictures of Hans and his invalid bed, He doesn't want any pictures taken of his surgery. But Mom wants to document it for posterity, so he finally agreed to just two, you get what ever you end up with type of arrangement. He could have at least made his bed again, or let me do it. And maybe smiled a bit and looked at the camera.
Some some of the shennanigans they have been up to while I was gone?
Besides shaving Rudy's head, mom does not appreciate that one. Of course I don't really appreciate the other ones either. They broke Dad's passwords, all of them. Computer and X box I am not sure of the T.V. one. Of course they didn't leave it at that. They changed them so Dad couldn't access the computer. Well he could if he could guess their password. They even gave him a great clue. "We seek him here We seek him there". This of course is from one of their favorite movies "The Scarlet Pimpernel" a very funny movie. Then of course they had to sit there and watch and wait for him to try to log on to the computer and snicker at him. Dad also finally figured out the code to the Brinks lock we had kicking around here for the boys to play with. It was a found lock or a hand me down one and no one knew the code to it. So Dad did finally get it. I think he had to prove he could do it too. It is usually Hans who fixes them for me. I have a little lock board puzzle and they are always changing the code and forgetting what they changed it to so Hans cracks it for me. Kind of a game I guess.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So glad that we were able to see you while you were out here.
What a bunch of suprises to come home to. My those boys can be mischeivous. Hope you are getting them all back to shape. Hope Hans feels better soon and the graph works out. Tiffany