I had a wonderful Mother's Day ! Saturday Vonn and the boys (mike too) built me a trellis for the new Kiwi vines. I am so excited! it will be great to have our own kiwi's. Here you see the trellis's, and the Hammock swing. Don't worry about the cement block they are temporary. I need more mulch , everything under the swing will be that fine mulch you see in the boxes around the kiwis. The tree is a tamarind tree and i got one pod this last year. The pond is one Josef put in and there are still swordtail, and gold fish in there. there used to be an algae eater too, but he is hard to see so i am not sure. The kids already love the hammock swing, so I may have to put up a hammock in another area. I need some ideas for some shade plants to add color and fragrance. I am zone 9. We do have very humid weather. some things that grow at Mom's just don't do well here. It will be fun fixing up this magical little area to sit and contemplate life.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Happy Mother's Day
I had a wonderful Mother's Day ! Saturday Vonn and the boys (mike too) built me a trellis for the new Kiwi vines. I am so excited! it will be great to have our own kiwi's. Here you see the trellis's, and the Hammock swing. Don't worry about the cement block they are temporary. I need more mulch , everything under the swing will be that fine mulch you see in the boxes around the kiwis. The tree is a tamarind tree and i got one pod this last year. The pond is one Josef put in and there are still swordtail, and gold fish in there. there used to be an algae eater too, but he is hard to see so i am not sure. The kids already love the hammock swing, so I may have to put up a hammock in another area. I need some ideas for some shade plants to add color and fragrance. I am zone 9. We do have very humid weather. some things that grow at Mom's just don't do well here. It will be fun fixing up this magical little area to sit and contemplate life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment