I finished Little Man's sweater Saturday night. it only took 10 days! I was surprised especially since i was doing cables. i did have a hard time with the shaping on the v-neck ribbing. there is supposed to be this nice little line of stitches that go straight up where all the shaping is hidden. Well my stitches were not looking so nice i pulled it out so many times i was afraid i would wear out my thread. Finally i was just making it up as i went and reviewing the instructions and it hit me what they were trying to tell me to do. so the last couple of rows were right. now i will have to make another sweater to try to cement it into my memory. I also need to make him a hat to match. It was size 1-2 in my Sirdar book called Little Speckled Chicks. Number 337 Pattern design E I used Lion Brand Baby soft i had 2 skeins an have about half of each left. i use two at once to make the sleeves . I used one for the front, one for the back but obviously it didn't use the whole skein for either one. Then i used both at once to make the sleeves, Here you see his cousins trying out his sweater for size.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Sweater for Little Man
I finished Little Man's sweater Saturday night. it only took 10 days! I was surprised especially since i was doing cables. i did have a hard time with the shaping on the v-neck ribbing. there is supposed to be this nice little line of stitches that go straight up where all the shaping is hidden. Well my stitches were not looking so nice i pulled it out so many times i was afraid i would wear out my thread. Finally i was just making it up as i went and reviewing the instructions and it hit me what they were trying to tell me to do. so the last couple of rows were right. now i will have to make another sweater to try to cement it into my memory. I also need to make him a hat to match. It was size 1-2 in my Sirdar book called Little Speckled Chicks. Number 337 Pattern design E I used Lion Brand Baby soft i had 2 skeins an have about half of each left. i use two at once to make the sleeves . I used one for the front, one for the back but obviously it didn't use the whole skein for either one. Then i used both at once to make the sleeves, Here you see his cousins trying out his sweater for size.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oooh cables. it looks lovely and soft.
That, is, um, what's the word, interesting.
Post a Comment