I have finished Kyles socks and he has kindly agreed to pose with them on so you can see them They are made from a Trekking Sock Yarn in shades of grey. I really like the color. I used size 0 needles and needed more than one skein of yarn. I actually had to go (have Tanya ) go online and order another one. The dye lot is not the same but it didn't seem to matter . They are quite heavy since they have a skein and then some in them. Now i can start some more. Since i needed a foot to see how long it should be and Kyle was at his own house. I put them on rudy's foot when i woke him up at 6 am for seminary. they were the proper length so i finished them and gave them to Kyle. Then that night at family prayer Rudy says "Mom what was that you put on my foot this morning?" I said "a sock". He said "whose?" and I told him "Kyle's" he said "it felt really good can i get a pair?" So i have another order for a pair of socks. I think i will pick the yarn and color though he thought he might want purple. and held up a pastel purple. I think he was joking me. I have some nice yarn with a variety of colors.
Zitron Trekking Sock yarn 75% Wool, 25% Nylon. 459 yards, 100 grams. US 2-3 needle. Or
Skacel Trekking Sock Yarn 100g skein. 459 yards per skein. Knit using a U.S. 1 or 2 needle. Made in Germany. I can't remember if it is Zitron or Skacel I will check later
Ordered from www.yarn.com color 188 which is discontinued and sold out
1 comment:
hehehe! kyle is funny! what in the world do you all need socks for out there in Florida? LOL!
Post a Comment