Thursday, September 10, 2009

Corabelle's Sweater



This is one of my favorite sweater patterns. This one is for Corabelle about size 1yr-18 months. I had started it and had the ribbing and the first pattern repeat or two and found i had made a mistake in the beginning and had to pull it all out. So with Steven having surgery on Wednesday last week i had plenty of time to work on it. I got all the way up to the sleeve cast off part. I finished the whole thing in 1 week total almost to the hour. as you see i even sewed on the buttons. (i gave Tasha the last 2 with out the buttons and now have to sew them on when we go see her next) now i am working on a sweater for the doll to match .I had bought 4 skeins of yarn Sirdar Snuggly 50 gram balls. I weighed the sweater and it was 114 grams and i have 110 grams left . I offered to make Adelaide a sweater too but Tanya laughed at me. she Asked where and when i thought she might use such a thing as a sweater for her child here in Florida. So i decided to make a doll sweater and a hat with the rest. I think i have enough yarn.
I am doing the doll sweater first. So maybe the doll will get a hat if i don't have enough yarn.

3 comments:

Audre2 said...

I wish I could Knit like that! That is so cute!

Beanie said...

Very commendable that you ripped it out. On Rainer/vonn's Norwegian sweater i made a mistake in the ribbing but as i had had to cast on 200 stitches 3 times there was no way i was ripping it out. So now there is one part in the ribbing where instead of being K2P2 there's only a K1. in a way i kinda regret not changing it since my eye immediately picks it out. Oh well.

A. Nonni Mouse said...

no one will notice the one set of K1P1 rib only you and possibly another knitter who would never say anything any way. Just enjoy the sweater. That is how it goes with any thing when you know what makes it all up, all the details you see things others don't. It does kind of take some of the fun out of it i guess. Put up s picture of it on the blog.