Sunday, March 29, 2009

Knitting Socks

he
t

I finally did it i finished my red socks. They were supposed to be Hans' socks but he decided that all his socks do not need to be red. So i luckily inherited the red socks which will match on of my favorite shirts. They were a twisted cable pattern form my sock shaped book. they took extra long because i lost one of the skeins of yarn. it got broken off and lost some where about town. When i picked them up to knit on the way to a wrestling tournament there it was one skein and one loose end.I was worried i would not have enough yarn and even checked with Rita in Logan at the yarn shop to see if she had more. But no such luck. So i did the next best thing. i went for it.I knitted form the back end of the remaining skein. When i finished the toes and sewed them up i had 4 feet and 3 inches left. Whew!!!
Then next i finished the blue ones They were done in the same pattern Corinna used on Ben's socks a twin rib I think she called it. k1 p1 one row then k 3 p 3 the next. it was fun and fast, i like how they turned out. They fit nice too. At first the ribbing seemed loose and sloppy then it came together nicely. they are both wool blends the blue is Fortissima and the red is Wilde Foote. I used two size 1 circular needles and knit both socks at once.

2 comments:

Beanie said...

Pshew! I'm glad that you managed to have enough yarn even missing the rest of your skein! That's what makes knitting so exciting- hm I hope this will work out!

Marsh Family said...

What is with everyone knitting socks? I didn't think that was possible anymore!