Sunday, March 29, 2009

Camping






We went on the ward camp out. It was fun. The drive down was even fun. It was almost like a mini road trip. We met Tanya and Kyle there with there family. We had dutch oven pineapple upside down cake and Tanya's chicken soup. (Dutch oven style as well) My meat cooked on a stick turned into a late night snack, and for only as long as i was willing to cook on a stick. Some of them cooked their own and then s-mores. but they did not like my idea of sticking chocolate chips into the marshmallows to cook the marshmallows and melt the chocolate at the same time. They want big slabs of chocolate on their graham crackers. We had lots of fun. the boys went around playing with the other boys in the ward and then slept in the van. Dad and i slept in the tent. I know what kind of camping is that. But it was in a city park and they limit the number of tents and people in a site and hey it was much easier this way. In the morning we made pancakes as a ward and we even had sausage. There was canoeing and kayaking, a playground for the little ones and volleyball. They had a great game then played soccer and a game Hans showed them a new sort of dodge ball game. Resurrection dodge ball. or something like that.any way. It was good and relaxing.

3 comments:

Beanie said...

I don't know. It seems the last time I went camping with the boys Mom and I were in the tent with my baby and the boys were in the van with all the "weapons." Hm I think the chocolate chip in the marshmallow idea sounds interesting. Did it work?

A. Nonni Mouse said...

Yes it works but be careful how big of a hole you punch with that chocolate chip, some of my marshmallows were a bit chewed looking , they tasted good though.

Marsh Family said...

Very creative idea with the chocolate chip. But really, do you prefer A chocolate chip over A SLAB of chocolate bar!? I'll take the chocolate bar!